If you research the Charlotte metropolitan area, there are many digital agencies and independent contractors whom you could hire to fulfill your marketing functions. Each agency typically offers a combination of automated solutions and targeted messaging. However, you need ways to sift through the choices and select the right team for your purposes. It could be tempting to find a single marketer on a website like Upwork or Elance, but you won't have enough information about that individual's background or experience to decide. You can also invest in stand-alone services like SEO, but these won't be integrated into a comprehensive marketing plan. We've organized these tips to help business owners make an informed decision:
Priority #1: What Are Your Present Needs?
A digital marketing agency typically delivers a range of marketing services. Research the types of marketing services that fit your business model, which might include some or all of the following:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - The marketer ensures the variety of content on your business website and blog will bring in desired levels of traffic from the search engines.
- Social Media Marketing (SMM) - The marketer ensures that your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media accounts fit your business voice and get regular content updates. Some businesses conduct very little marketing on these digital networks, but they still need a small presence.
- Email marketing - The marketer plans when and how to transmit targeted messages to lists of current and past customers and email leads, which may be generated by the agency itself through its own research or purchased from another source.
- Blogging - The marketer writes or sources regular content for your company blog according to a predetermined content calendar. These are topics that you, the business owner, agree will fit your market and the types of subjects you find suitable to share with customers and stakeholders. Some blog content is timely, while other blog content is evergreen. Both types of blog content should keep your audience well-informed.
- Web development and design - The marketer may need to revamp the website to work better with automated marketing solutions. The redesign can be outsourced if needed.
- Video and graphic design - The marketer must generate or source business logos, images, and videos that support your marketing messages and brand.
- Public relations - The marketer's duties could include writing press releases and planning and hosting promotional events. This role may require responding to inquiries a business receives through various digital formats. You may choose to have your in-house marketer handle the face-to-face aspects of marketing and promotions.
Priority #2: What Marketing Team is Qualified to Represent Your Company?
Let's face it. Your company wouldn't form a business partnership with just any company. Any business relationship could affect your reputation and either encourage or discourage customers from following your brand. A difficult aspect of choosing a marketing team is that you could easily be fooled by the information the prospective provider posts online to solicit new business. Here are different types of information you can review online about a marketing team to evaluate its qualifications:
- Online portfolio - Explore the types of websites and marketing campaigns the agency has built for other clients.
- Client testimonials - Review these posts to see if they are credible. You could even contact another business owner to see if the review he or she shared on the agency's website was legitimate. Also, assess how many years of client testimonials seem authentic. A reputable digital agency maintains full transparency about its past projects.
- Website contact information and bios of key staff members - Email or talk to these representatives on the phone. Verify their business affiliations and past projects on LinkedIn.
- Agency reviews on websites such as Expertise, Clutch, and Yelp - Evaluate the experiences of other business owners who have selected this agency for their marketing needs.
- Employee reviews - There are independent websites like Indeed, GlassDoor, and LinkedIn with useful information to assess.
Choosing a digital marketing agency is a big decision. We know that your enterprise has specific goals for how to convert digital prospects into paying customers. You can't afford to waste time or money on a fly-by-night marketing firm. Additionally, marketing helps you to maintain good relationships with your current customer base. Don't leave this important choice of digital marketing services to chance.
Our team at Synchronicity Web Designs works tirelessly to produce the quality of work and results our clients need and pay for. For more information on how our team can help your business grow, please contact us today.